1. PERMISSION TO REPRODUCE IMAGES WHICH ARE AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD VIA THE BATH IN TIME WEBSITE IS DEPENDENT UPON FULL ACCEPTANCE OF THESE REGULATIONS AND IS AUTOMATICALLY ABROGATED IF ANY PART IS INFRINGED
Permission to reproduce covers only the specific occasion(s) detailed on the order form and only one use of any digital image or excerpt in a product. Each reproduction and all reprints, further editions etc., in another project require a new application. This also applies to television programmes where reproduction permission covers only one transmission.
Under no circumstances may duplicate copies be made.
Copies may not be passed on to a third party.
The reproduction must bear the appropriate credit line.
The credit line should be included in the caption, if possible, and otherwise in the photographic credits if necessary.
Areas of an image must not be masked out, cut down, superimposed with type or in any way defaced or manipulated without prior consent. Nor must any digital image made from a photograph be altered or manipulated to make it materially different to the photograph from which it is derived.
Requests to reproduce a detail from any image will be considered only upon receipt of a sketch or marked-up photograph, showing the area to be reproduced. The caption must include the word 'detail'.
Reproduction fees are not copyright/licensing fees, and payment of a reproduction fee does not connote permission to reproduce copyright material. Permission to reproduce an image in no way constitutes a copyright clearance.
The customer must satisfy his or herself that all necessary rights, releases or consents which may be required for reproduction of the image are obtained, and Bath In Time gives no warranty or undertaking that any such rights, releases or consents are or will be obtained whether in relation to the use of names, people, trademarks, registered or copyright designs, or works of art depicted in any picture.
The customer agrees to indemnify Bath In Time in respect of any claims or damages or any loss or costs arising in any manner from the reproduction without proper rights or consents of any image.
Bath In Time shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the applicant or any third party arising from the use of any of the image.
2. BREACHES OF REGULATIONS
Bath In Time reserves the right to refuse permission for further applications from a publisher/company/individual if, in its opinion, the standard of reproduction has not been of sufficiently high quality. Reproduction without permission, inadequate or incorrect acknowledgements, or any other breach of law will result in a claim for compensation. If the breach merits legal action, this may be taken.
3. TAKE-DOWN POLICY AND COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
In making material publicly available online, Heritage Services acts in good faith. We apply safeguards to identify and restrict items that contain sensitive personal data or obscene/defamatory material. We also seek to obtain permission from copyright holders where appropriate. However, if you are concerned that you have found material on our website, social media or catalogues that breach copyright laws or you have other concerns about the content made available, please contact us at 01225 394041 or firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following:
- Your contact details.
- The full details of the material.
- The full URL where you found the material.
- The reason for your notification, including but not limited to copyright law, privacy laws, data protection, obscenity, defamation, spoliation, offence caused etc.
- If required, proof that you are the copyright holder or an authorised representative.
When we receive your notification:
1. We will acknowledge your communication by email or letter and make an initial assessment of your complaint.
2. After receiving a valid complaint, we will temporarily remove the material from our website until a solution is agreed.
3. We will review your complaint in consultation with the Council's Information Governance Team, which sits outside and is independent of Heritage Services.
4. We will try to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is reinstated on our website or catalogue unchanged.
- The material is reinstated on our website or catalogue with appropriate changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the website.