Description: Looking from the rear of a house in Orange Grove. A cargo barge unloads stone on the River Avon at the wharf to help build the new development across the river. Argyle Street was known as Argyle Buildings until the 1830s. By Samuel Hieronymus Grimm 1789.
Photograph from the original glass negative. Photographed in preparation for "The Eighteenth Century Architecture of Bath" by Mowbray A. Green, 1904. See Image Ref. 13679.